Florespa Fencing Club (FFC), is a profit corporation, that provides Olympic fencing sport from age 5 to adult. Initially, our club was created in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, Brazil in 1993. In 2011 our club was reopening in Miami, FL. The club is specializing in teaching the weapon of Foil and Epee, these has produced many successful fencers.
Benefits for club members:
- Free pass. First class free for those interested in practicing the sport of fencing.
- All the training material for new students are included completely free for the enjoyment of the sport for the first two months of classes.
- The members athlete paying per month of full class, can use the space to receive more group classes and to make free combats with his companions.
- Family package discount: 10% OFF for two family members or 15% OFF 3 members or more.
- The members athlete paying for four private lesson receive one free.
- Is a fun, safe sport for athletes of all ages
- Teaches discipline and sportsmanship
- Develops balance, agility and coordination
- Fencing promotes tactical thinking, it is often called the physical chess
- Promotes physical strength
- Reduces Stress
- Develops spatial mathematical thinking
- Builds Confidence
- Reduces test taking anxiety
History of Fencing
Fencing is an individual sport for all ages which has evolved over time to the captivating Olympic sport it is today. Fencing dates back to sword fighting in ancient Egypt, and has been practiced in many forms in various cultures since then. Although jousting and tournament combat was a popular sport in the European Middle Ages, modern FIE fencing owes more to unarmored dueling forms that evolved from 16 century military sword rapier combat. Rapier fencing spread from Spain and Italy to northwest Europe.